Saturday, June 09, 2007

My Sita

Here is a painting done in 1975 by me.

I had 'Sita' in mind when I painted this.

What is outstanding about Sita is her all-round strength.She proved herself many times stronger than her husband.That is what I felt as I started on this work.

Pushed beyond endurance, persevering in the face demeaning insensitivity from the people who should have been her source of strength.She has all the qualities of "mother".She came from 'lap of the earth'. I feel she must be the 'mother earth' the ecologists talk so much about now :).

I have used angular lines and cubist technics to give a feel of strength to the figure.

No comments:

An article that had appeared in The New Indian Express on my sculpture exhibition

            Saturday, June, 03, 2023  06:48:22 PM NATION WORLD STATES CITIES OPINIONS BUSINESS SPORT GOOD NEWS MOVIES PHOTOS VIDEOS WEB SCRA...